1996 – Present
The Carson Valley office was established after serving the Lake Tahoe area for seven years. Principal of two-attorney law firm engaged in estate planning, Medicaid planning and elder law issues, representation of employees in wrongful termination, discrimination suits, and representation of businesses and contractors in contract disputes.
1989 – 1996
Associated with the Law Office of Dale L. Sare in South Lake Tahoe, California, representing the South Tahoe Public Utility District in all matters including creation of the policies and training on prevention of sexual harassment in the workplace; representing local businesses and individuals in real estate litigation and business disputes.
- Nevada State Bar Admitted October 1987
- California State Bar Admitted October 1990
- U.S. District of Nevada Admitted September 1994
- U.S. District of California, Eastern District Admitted November 1991
- U.S. District of California, Northern District Admitted February 1993
- U.S. District of California, Southern District Admitted August 1997
- U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Admitted November 2001
Related Professional Experience:
- 1997 – Present Arbitrator for the court mandated arbitration program.
- 1987 – 1989 Practiced law in Northern Nevada and South Lake Tahoe, California
- 1976 – 1982 Employed as an escrow officer for title companies. Handled all transaction documents for purchase and sales of homes, mobile homes, commercial, and development real state.
Related and Professional Associations
- 2006 – Present Member of the Elder Law Section of the Nevada State Bar Association.
- 2008 – 2009 Nevada State Bar, Elder Law Section Chairperson
- 1986 – 2016 Member of the American Bar Association.
- Also a member in the Litigation Section, Section of Labor and Employment Law, and Section of Real Estate, Trust and Probate Law.
- 1999 – Present Member of the Association of American Justice.
- 2001 – Present Member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA).
- 2010 – Present Member of Elder Counsel
- 2002 – 2003 Soroptimist International of Carson Valley, Club President
Golden Gate University, School of Law – Juris Doctorate, 1987
Graduated in top one-third.
Chosen as one of two students to represent the school in National Moot Court competition. Columnist for law school paper.
University of Nevada, Reno: Bachelor of Arts – December 1983 with honors